Apple has released iOS 17.0.3, a software update that addresses the overheating issue on the iPhone 15 Pro. The update also includes security enhancements.
Apple acknowledged earlier this week that some iPhone users were experiencing unusual heating due to a software issue in the operating system. The company explained that the new version of the operating system (17.0.3) will resolve the problem that could lead to an increase in phone temperature.
The update is available for download now on all iPhone 15 Pro devices. To install the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
Apple also stated that there is a software bug in the iOS 17 operating system causing temperature spikes in some cases. Additionally, other applications like Instagram and Uber can also contribute to an increase in phone temperature.
It is worth noting that reports of iPhone temperature elevation have led to speculations about a potential issue with the new titanium casing or the new chip integrated into the latest generation of the iPhone. However, Apple has not confirmed any hardware issues with the iPhone 15 Pro.
More detailed information:
- The overheating issue is caused by a bug in the iOS 17 operating system.
- Other applications like Instagram and Uber can also contribute to an increase in phone temperature.
- Apple has not confirmed any hardware issues with the iPhone 15 Pro.
- To install the iOS 17.0.3 update, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
How to fix overheating issues on the iPhone 15 Pro:
- Install the iOS 17.0.3 update.
- Avoid using third-party apps that are known to cause overheating, such as Instagram and Uber.
- If your phone is still overheating, try the following:
- Close all open apps.
- Restart your phone.
- Move your phone to a cooler environment.
- Remove your phone from its case.
- If you are using a wireless charger, try using a wired charger instead.