Online schools for psychology offer students the flexibility to earn a degree in psychology without having to attend traditional on-campus classes. These programs are typically designed for working adults or students who have other commitments that make it difficult to attend a brick-and-mortar school.
Online psychology programs typically offer the same core coursework as traditional programs, such as:
- General psychology
- Abnormal psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Social psychology
- Personality psychology
- Research methods in psychology
In addition to core coursework, online psychology programs may also offer a variety of electives, such as:
- Forensic psychology
- Industrial-organizational psychology
- Counseling psychology
- School psychology
- Sports psychology
Online Schools for psychology programs are accredited by the same regional and national accrediting bodies as traditional programs. This means that students who earn a degree from an accredited online program will be eligible for licensure and certification in the same way as students who earn a degree from a traditional program.
Benefits of online psychology programs
- Flexibility: Online programs allow students to complete coursework from anywhere in the world, at any time of day. This is ideal for working adults or students who have other commitments that make it difficult to attend a traditional program.
- Affordability: Online programs are often more affordable than traditional programs, as students do not have to pay for commuting, parking, or other associated costs.
- Access to a wider range of programs: Online programs offer students access to a wider range of programs than they would find at a traditional school. This is because online programs are not limited by physical space.
- Convenience: Online programs allow students to complete coursework at their own pace. This can be helpful for students who need to take breaks from their studies or who have other commitments.
Contact websites for online psychology programs