Norvell emphasizing how effort can make a difference, the difficulties in recruiting amid the pandemic and the JSU game #FSUfootball #FloridaStatefootball …

24 thoughts on “Florida State head football coach Mike Norvell on team effort, recruiting, Jacksonville St

• karenia davis

He gonna get fsu back on track just give him ⏰ Go Noles

Phillip Teagarden

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

I saw a lot of basic and fundamental mistakes . . . such as missed tackling, missed blocking assignments, and bad passing routes. These are ALL correctable and it's up to the coaches to teach these young men to perform better. The Talent is there and the coaches are good!

Bobby Miller

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

Sounds like Willie T. to me. Jacksonville St. by 10 pts.

Neil Grooms

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

As an Alabama fan I find it odd to see FSU this bad…. I hope you all can turn it around….

SERV 5

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

Hey coach how about you stop playing zone and 3-4 defensive sets and how about you stop having the players read and then react to the opponents offense. I'm pretty sure you that if a player has a running start on a defensive player it's damn near impossible to catch up to them to prevent a play unless they have a QB like ours who holds on to football and doesn't know how to put the ball in offensive players hands, we may have shot at the other team not running up the score on this football team.

• Chris Williams

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

Wow FSU even worse without Taggert. Going to need better coaching.

Utooob76

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

They may not have a team if they have more Transfers

Rich

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

We need to get these players that don't care, like a lot of the juniors and seniors, cycle them through, and get them out of the program because they're not buying into Norvell. Let a lot of the freshman play and the ones that have heart.

Bobby Bonilla Bobcat

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

I'm afraid Norvell may be too nice. Idk what's going to happen, but right now it doesn't look good. I'm more than sure we didn't make the right D coordinator hire, and we'll be forced to fire him after the year. So that's just great. JMO but I bet the players have already checked out. We really need to go out this weekend and play well. If it's a close game it won't look good, and it will just create more unrest. And if we lose it will be nuclear fallout. Because if I recall correctly the week after we have Notre Dame. So honestly, we're really screwed. I see a lack luster team who's not going to buy in. Go out and win 1 or 2 games the whole season. We'll have absolutely nothing to sell recruits. It will be a historically awful recruiting class. Aslan touched on this the other day. So where do we go from there? We'll be forced to rebuild with very little talent, coming off a historically awful season where guys didn't buy in. This is NOT a recipe for success. This is very bad, and doesn't bode well for the future, and that's being nice about it.

Whit Gunnels

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

We all need to give time to build it again… Seminoles never give up. I have FAITH we will Rise Again. It will take TIME.

• M. Kyser

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

What needs to happen is coach needs to go in the Locker Room and give them the same speech coach Marvin Lewis gave his team in the locker Room WITH ZREO FCKS TO GIVE… And if you don't know what I'm talking about look it up…..POINT BLANK PERIOD! ! !

Karry Kimbler

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

Team wants to win, has the desire and skills to win. But I would bet it’s hard to buy into what the Coaches are selling when they have seen so many coaching changes. Especially when the new Coaching staff is following the same mistakes as the last.

Hector Cartagena

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

Eventually these practices HAVE to translate to the field, I will keep believing 🙏.

David Spingler

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

He’s telling us the truth if y’all would care to listen to WHAT he’s actually saying. Here’s a key point he made about the actual state of this team early in the interview: “We’re at a point where we need to focus on the day”.

THAT’S where this team is at right now. It doesn’t matter what FSU was even just 5 years ago. This coach took over a program that had reached its lowest point in over 40 fucking years. There’s a way out of the hole, but it’s going to take longer than we are willing to recognize as fans. There’s no scheming around what’s happened to this team, no fire is going to suddenly be lit. Right now we’re still rubbing 2 sticks together and waiting for the first hint of smoke. Don’t get hung up on W’s and L’s for this season – they really don’t matter. But do acknowledge the progress that’s made in the details that lay the foundation for the next couple of seasons to come. Yes, I’m assuming that we’re going to see some general progress by the end of this season by saying that, and if we don’t, then I will start to have my own doubts about this staff. But don’t underestimate how bad we’ve truly become, and don’t equate only wins as being progress.

R. Guardia

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

Give the Spurrier speech…"we're not very good .. we're sloppy, lazy and unmotivated…Our coaches aren't doing a good job either" Goodbye… Have to love the ole ball coach.

• jj1234346

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

There is not a bad boy bone in his body… he is too much of a nice guy!!! Attitude wins championships … prove me wrong coach…. in the words of Kobe… “soft”

Mr. Noleblooded

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

Just win a game. It's been too long. I know we can do better. We have have to dig ourselves out of this hole. I'm actually looking forward to next year and changing our identity. Knowledge is power, and transfer portal is the key!

Jeff

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

What do you people expect him to say? He knows we stink, got to get his guys and we'll be able to compete.

real talk with mr. A ford

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

I'ma tell you right now there's no way that you put in Tate or Purdy they are the future of Florida State James Blackmon needs to continue to start for the remainder of this season him and Travis there is no way I'm resting my future QBs with this offensive line Florida state is not built have a true freshman quarterback starting

Eric Johnson

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

Just like Willie used to say every week best practice we had. and week after week 💩

Scott Felty

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

Coach make sure you stick around so the kids an buy into what your telling them.

Newking_god

(October 2, 2020 - 6:27 pm)

He says the same things every week 😂🤣

thinredlinestandfirm